We’re looking for help from fans and attendees to help us name “Bob the Surfbot”, our awesome Faire mascot. Submit a name online via Facebook; five finalist names will be selected by the Mini Maker Faire production team, and attendees at the Faire will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite.
*Like our Facebook page and comment on the Contest Post with your suggested name for the surfbot.
*All comments with a suggested name will be automatically entered into the contest.
*FIVE contestants will be selected as semi-finalists by the Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire production committee — and will each get one FREE entrance ticket to the Faire.
*One final name for the the mascot will be decided by popular vote at the Faire on April 29th, 2017.
*The winning name will be announced one hour prior to the end of the Faire.
*The winner will receive a family four-pack of tickets to the 2018 Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire, along with one reserved on-site parking space, and a variety of other awesome event-related prizes (t-shirts, food vouchers, and more.)
*The first phase of the contest ends at 11:59 p.m. PDST Wednesday, April 26th, 2017. Any entries submitted after that will NOT be considered in the semi-finalists decision.
(1) Semi-Finalists Five semi-finalists will be selected by the SCMMF leadership committee. The five semi-finalists will each receive one FREE entrance ticket to the 2017 Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire, which takes place on April 29th, 2017 on the Gateway School campus.
(2) Balloting The five semi-finalists entrees will be included on a ballot at the Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire, on April 29th, 2017. The winning name (“Name”) will be chosen via voting by attendees (one vote per attendee) at the 2017 Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire. The SCMMF has the authority to make, control, and manage all balloting procedures and materials.
(3) Announcement The Name will be announced one hour prior to the end of the 2017 Faire on site and on all SCMMF social media channels.
(4) Ownership The author of the winning entry (“Author”) acknowledges SCMMF has sole ownership of the winning name and all associated goodwill. The SCMMF retains all rights, title, and interest in the Name, and Author is granted no interest in the Name. The Author agrees that (i) all goodwill arising from use of the Name will inure to our sole benefit; (ii) you will not use the Name in any manner that will diminish or otherwise damage our goodwill in the Name, or our reputation; (iii) you will not adopt, use, or register any corporate name, trade name, trademark, service mark or certification mark, or other designation that violates our rights in the Name, including where such use could reasonably be construed as (1) denoting an event of similar scope or focus and (2) implying endorsement or sponsorship by Maker Media. We shall have the sole right to initiate and control any maintenance, enforcement or other action concerning the Name, and whether or not to do so shall be in our sole discretion.
(5) Infringement. You will promptly notify us of any actual or suspected infringement of the Name that comes to your attention. As between you and us, we shall have the sole right to determine what steps, if any, shall be taken with respect to any such actual or suspected infringement.
(6) General Provisions
Please email email@example.com with any questions about this awesomely fun contest!