Become a Volunteer for the 2018 Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire!
The sign-up form will open in January 2018.
Please consider joining the team and volunteering at the Third Annual Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire. You can work the time slot that fits your schedule, and meet great people at the same time!
There are many opportunities to volunteer to help us deliver an outstanding Mini Maker Faire for Santa Cruz. We’ll show our appreciation with a free event ticket for as little as 3 hours of service — how cool is that?!
Volunteers will receive a Maker Faire t-shirt and free admission to the Faire.
Event Support: Making it happen
- Load-in/Break-down: Help prepare the site for the Makers and assist them as they load in or remove their exhibits and materials.
- Registration Desk: Greet and assist Mini Maker Faire attendees to check-in via online and walk-up registration.
- Information and Lost/Found Desk: Greet and assist Faire attendees to learn more about the day’s events, locations and amenities.
- Venue Assistant: Working with Event Staff to assist exhibitors, do crowd control, light cleaning, and other sorts of assistance.
- Workshop Assistant: If you have a specific skill set like you know how to work with tools for electronics, wood, or other materials you can be assigned to help conduct a workshop.
Street Team: Spreading the word
If you have a special passion for the Maker Faire and/or have good connections to interested communities or organizations around Santa Cruz and would like to help us plan the event, please email us now and let us know how you can help. We’re especially looking for members of our Street Team to help spread the word!
There are several ways that you can help us spread the word about the first annual Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire:
- Hang 11″ x 17″ posters around town. Contactvolunteers@makerfairesantacruz.com to request posters to hang at your business or in your town. Posters will be available for pick-up at the Gateway School lobby starting December 1st.
- Place yard signs on your lawn and in public spaces in your town. Contact email@example.com to request yard signs. Signs are available for pick-up at the Gateway School lobby.
- Holler the news. Please tell your friends, co-workers, circles and communities about the Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire by posting on social media sites and email distributions. And any other appropriate methods you can think of.
Social Media: Bits and bytes
- Social Media: Follow us Facebook and Twitter and share our pages with your friends. Generating awareness about who our local makers are and what they do in our community helps acknowledge their awesome work and increases the general interest in the Maker Movement.
- Guest blogging: We are definitely interested in your guest posts on the Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire site. Please submit your blog post ideas and content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Driving traffic: Add a Maker Faire badge to your website, social networking or email signature to promote the event. Just click the images on our media page to save the graphics to your own site.
- Attend Meetups: Tell your peers at meetups about the Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire. Let them know they can make it awesome by attending, exhibiting and volunteering.
Got another idea?
If you have a particular talent, skill or interest that you want to contribute to the Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire, we’re all ears! Please email email@example.com